UNH Health & Wellness provides independent psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, stabilization, medication management, referral and/or mental health education to patients presenting for care at H&W. We are looking The staff psychiatrist to join our team to contribute to the mission of H&W through teamwork, consultation and collaboration with clinical staff, and strives to contribute to the academic success of UNH students.
The staff psychiatrist also has a formal relationship with UNH Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS ).
• Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) with satisfactory completion of a medical internship and residency in psychiatry and at least 2 years of experience.
• Licensed as physician in New Hampshire.
• Current DEA registration.
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in psychiatry by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
• Familiarity with current standards of care, knowledge of current assessment procedures, treatment methods, interventions, and medications, particularly related but not limited to anxiety, depression, psychosis, bipolar illness, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse, especially as it applies to the adolescent and young adult populations.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to diversity, gender identity, and multicultural issues.
• Understanding of a developmental approach to mental health.
Training in psychiatry that is directly applicable to university students.
• Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
• Previous experience in university counseling facility or student health service.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1612161
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer.