MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2018 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In accordance with American College of Surgeons and National Cancer Society guidelines, maintains registry files and logs of all Hospital cancer cases. Conducts annual lifetime follow-up on patients in the Cancer Registry by contacting physician or patient. Enters all follow-up information into computerized registry system in a timely manner.
2. Codes and abstracts cancer-related data (i.e., summarizes patient's hospital record including demographic data, diagnostic procedures, date of diagnosis, histological diagnosis, and treatment). Reports all new cancer cases to the Cancer Incidence Registry of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts through the computerized registry system.
3. Assists the Cancer Committee in the performance of Cancer Program activities. Records minutes of meetings, arranges conferences, and performs studies as requested. Conducts long and short term patient evaluation studies. Prepares regular and special statistical reports and analyses. Prepares annual report of activity.
4. Compiles requests for data from the registry on cancer patient population and related statistics for Hospital planning, administration, and any internal healthcare related department.
5. In consultation with supervisor and ACOS guidelines, develops tumor registry standards and goals. Remains abreast of developments in the field of tumor registry by pursuing a program of self development and participating in educational and research activities of the National Tumor Registrar Association.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in medical record technology or nursing.
2. Must be a Certified Cancer Registrar.
3. Six to twelve months of experience.
1. Office environment.
2. Frequent walking, standing, and bending during normal course of duties. Concentrated effort required while using computer terminals and typing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
Job: Medical Records
Primary Location: Natick, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.