Providence is calling Registered Nurse Fellows (experienced RNs) and Registered Nurse Residents (new graduate RNs) to our Southern California Transition into Practice (TIP) program at Providence TrinityCare Hospice.
For detailed information about our TIP Program, please visit our website at: Transition Into Practice Program at http://bit.ly/2duUm6t (you may need to hold the CTRL button when clicking the link).
We are seeking Registered Nurses who are:
- Experienced RNs interested in a Fellowship Program in a new practice specialty.
- New graduate RNs seeking a professional Residency transition program.
The Nursing Institute Transition into Practice Program (TIP) offered by Providence Heath & Services in the Southern California Region is committed to developing our people as a strategic priority to ensure we provide the highest quality care to those we serve.
This Registered Nurse professional development program is designed to support either the newly licensed (new graduate Resident) progression from education to practice in a first professional nursing role, or the experienced nurse (Fellow) transitioning into a new practice specialty.
- Newly graduated RNs (Residents) are within 18 months of graduation and typically have less than 12 months of experience.
- Experienced nurses (Fellows) typically have more than 12 months of experience in same practice setting.
This Transition into Practice Program (TIP) is offered throughout our California hospitals with the following considerations and in various clinical areas:
Variety of Positions
Typically, the medical/surgical/telemetry clinical areas have more openings than other specialties.
Availability of clinical areas varies at each medical center
There are often more night shift opportunities than day shift assignments.
Specialties MAY Include:
Labor & Delivery
Medical Surgical / Telemetry
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Transitional Care Unit
In this position you will:
- Work with a preceptor and assume increasing responsibility during the fellowship.
- Demonstrate competencies in populations served at completion of fellowship.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's careto achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety. Identify and correct problems.
- Engagein ongoing professional development;promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) or BSN in progress
- A clinical rotation completed at a Providence Health & Services facility
- A strong interest in providing Hospice nursing care
To be considered for the program, please attach the following documents:
- A current resume
- California RN license
- Current BLS card
- Letter of intent to include why you are interested in Providence Health & Services, the values you will bring to the organization, and how our program will help further your professional career goals.
- Three references; one from clinical instructors on school letterhead (for newly graduated RNs), one from previous and/or current employer and one personal reference
About the hospice you will serve.
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles and Orange Counties, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Resident
Req ID: 153165