Providence is calling a Diabetes Educator to the St. Peter Family Medicine Clinic in Olympia, WA.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) and is eligible for benefits.
We are seeking a Diabetes Educator to provide individualized or group instruction to diabetes/nutritional patients having routine or specialized needs.
In this position you will:
- Act as a diabetes and nutritional resource person for the department, PMG, hospital and community by providing in-services as requested and required.
- Participate in the case management of patient care as needed with discharge planning, chart review, patient assessment, and coordination of care with other departments.
- Participate and support departmental quality improvement activities and projects.
- Demonstrate collaboration and team skills, including the ability to work well with physicians, all disciplines and staff levels.
- Market or promote the Diabetes and Nutrition Center to patients, staff, primary care providers, other community institutions.
- Participate in community health functions
- Possess knowledge of the Diabetes & Nutrition Center and promotes the attributes of the program to potential customers.
- Provide care appropriately to patient population.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Diploma, Associates Degree, or higher degree in nutrition, nursing, or other health-related field.
- Current Washington State license if Registered Nurse; or Dietitian Certification or Registration.
- Knowledge of diabetes care, treatment, diabetes self- management education, and Medical Nutrition Therapy.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors or Masters in a health related field.
- Certification in Diabetes Education is preferred and must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in diabetes and self-management education.
- Computer skills with typing, business software such as Word and Excel, and PowerPoint.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 147741