Winter Park Memorial Hospital seeks to hire MRI Tech I who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years.
Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we’re building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come.
Full Time; Tuesday-Thursday 10:00am- 6:30 pm; Friday and Saturday 11:00pm-7:00 am
The MRI technologist is under the general supervision of the lead technologist, supervisor, manager, director of special imaging, and radiologist. Their primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of FH parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of Florida Hospital.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of MRI procedures
- Knowledge of MRI scanners
- Ability to learn and grow with new technology
- Customer Service skills.
- MRI Safety
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- If certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire. If hired before July 1, 2014, must obtain ‘AHA certification’ by next renewal, but no later than June 30, 2016.
- General computer skills and PACS (Preferred)
- Basic IV competency (Preferred)
- General physics and anatomy (Preferred)
- AS or BS degree in healthcare related field (Preferred)
- Prior MRI experience on GE magnets (Preferred)
- Prior CT experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- ARRT – MR or CT or R
- Florida State License- general radiographer (Preferred)
- ARRT or Registry Eligible (MR) (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs all MRI exams using FH MRI protocols. Uses FH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. (Exam supervision and Administration)
- Completes MRI exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. (Personal Productivity and Accountability).
- Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. (Clinical Competence)
- Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on magnets within ACR guidelines. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
- Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result. (Image Quality and Documentation)
- Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS. (Data Processing)
- Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on Teams as asked, participates in Gallup. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed. (Performance Improvement)
- Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory meetings with positive attitude toward department and others. Listens and is responsible for knowing content. (Department Meeting Attendance)
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the MRI Tech I opportunity with Winter Park Memorial Hospital and apply online today.