MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2018 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Activates a process for each patient and uses a case management plan in managing care consistent with predetermined financial and quality outcomes, in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare members and payors.
2. Establishes collaborative practices with nursing, physicians, and health care professionals regarding plan of care, variances in plan implementation, and outcomes or expected outcomes.
3. Assesses, gathers information on physical, psychosocial, spiritual functioning, coping abilities, available resources, and support systems. Identifies potential or actual health problems, establishes nursing diagnosis, formulates plan and nursing intervention during inpatient stay, and plans for discharge. Facilitates transition of care to appropriate level of care and facility.
4. Manages and/or delegates care for case load during the patient health care continuum or episode of care. Facilitates communication with all departments. Collaborates for timely outcomes; prevents duplication and fragmentation of services. Assesses educational needs of staff and provides appropriate education.
5. Is responsible for internal and external patient care standards. Identifies and documents incidents that may affect quality of care. Tracks and reports on variances to department. Maintains documentation of case management activities, plans, and outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE , AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a BSN. Current licensure to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in acute care, community nursing, and utilization review or related area.
Patient care environment. Prolonged standing and walking. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
Candidates must have a current license in Massachusetts and a BSN degree preferred.
Internal Number: 1805010573
About Tenet Healthcare
Quality Care Delivered by Compassionate People.
We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment. We deliver the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can create happier, healthier communities.
Also, we seek and develop emerging executive talent. Our executives lead the strategies and operations that help us deliver quality care across our network. Personal growth is important to us, and while our performance expectations are significant, so is our dedication to each individual's success.